Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Billie Eilish breaks down at BRIT Awards

Singer Billie Eilish broke down at the 2020 BRIT Awards after admitting that social media trolls had made her "feel hated". The American singer received the honour for Best International Female Artist from Spice Girl Mel C, after performing the new James Bond theme, No time to die, for the first time. Eilish told the star-studded audience at London's O2 Arena, "I wanted to say something that I was thinking like two seconds ago... I've felt very hated recently (sic)."

Struggling to compose herself, she added, "And when I was on the stage and I saw you guys smiling at me, it genuinely made me want to cry."

The award comes after she discussed her recent decision to take a step back from social media. She had told BBC Breakfast, "I've stopped reading [Instagram] comments. It was ruining my life. The cooler the things you get to do, the more people hate you."

Catch up on all the latest entertainment news and gossip here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever



from Latest news in Mumbai,National news,Mumbai news,Mid-Day epaper,Mid-Day online news paper | Mid-Day https://www.mid-day.com/articles/billie-eilish-breaks-down-at-brit-awards/22633230
via TamilRockers Review
NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post
NEXT ARTICLE Next Post
PREVIOUS ARTICLE Previous Post
 

Delivered by FeedBurner